CNews ISLAMABAD: Attorney General Malik Muhammad Qayyum said Monday that the resignation decision by President Pervez Musharraf was right in the prevailing circumstances and in the larger interest of the country and its people.The decision has avoided confrontation between the presidency and the parliament, he said while responding to a question by reporters. “It was a right and wise decision,” he said.Asked whether he himself intended to resign now, the Attorney General said, "I will decide within a couple of days. I will think about it."Regarding his advice to President Musharraf, he said, "I advised him not to challenge the charge sheet or impeachment move in the court. I was very clear about the issue. This was my honest advice."Meanwhile, the AG held meeting with Chief Justice of Pakistan Abdul Hameed Dogar soon after the resignation of the President.
CNews ISLAMABAD: Attorney General Malik Muhammad Qayyum said Monday that the resignation decision by President Pervez Musharraf was right in the prevailing circumstances and in the larger interest of the country and its people.The decision has avoided confrontation between the presidency and the parliament, he said while responding to a question by reporters. “It was a right and wise decision,” he said.Asked whether he himself intended to resign now, the Attorney General said, "I will decide within a couple of days. I will think about it."Regarding his advice to President Musharraf, he said, "I advised him not to challenge the charge sheet or impeachment move in the court. I was very clear about the issue. This was my honest advice."Meanwhile, the AG held meeting with Chief Justice of Pakistan Abdul Hameed Dogar soon after the resignation of the President.

