I saw this in the news today:
According to Sharron Angle, it's God's Plan for Joan to give birth.
But if her pregnancy is part of The Plan, then isn't The Rape? The Incest? The Child Abuse?
Or is He just interceding in John and Joan's bareback dance to make the best of a bad situation? But if He can do that, why didn't He do something about The Rape?
I know I am just an agnostic but can someone explain this to me?
It's Teh Crazie, tea party style.
Since winning the Republican nomination in the Nevada Senate race Sharron Angle has drawn attention and controversy for a host of conservative policy prescriptions that seem well outside the political mainstream. Now, a Democratic source has passed along a radio interview she did back in January 2010 that could end up topping the list.TPM has a transcript:
In an segment that has gone unnoticed since it first aired, the Tea Party-backed candidate told the Bill Manders show -- a favorable platform for Republican candidates -- that she opposed abortion even in cases of rape and incest. A pregnancy under those circumstances, she said, was "God's plan."
Manders: Is there any reason at all for an abortion?Let's imagine a pair of human beings; John and Joan. John's a pig and so he rapes Joan. One of Joan's eggs just happens to be in the right place and John's sperm are numerous and active and easily find it. You know what happens next. Joan becomes pregnant. But she's 14 and John is her step-father.
Angle: Not in my book.
Manders: So, in other words, rape and incest would not be something?
Angle: You know, I'm a Christian and I believe that God has a plan and a purpose for each one of our lives and that he can intercede in all kinds of situations and we need to have a little faith in many things.
According to Sharron Angle, it's God's Plan for Joan to give birth.
But if her pregnancy is part of The Plan, then isn't The Rape? The Incest? The Child Abuse?
Or is He just interceding in John and Joan's bareback dance to make the best of a bad situation? But if He can do that, why didn't He do something about The Rape?
I know I am just an agnostic but can someone explain this to me?
It's Teh Crazie, tea party style.

